Monday, May 7, 2007

My Page Class Fills Quotas Better Than Your Page Class

I'm from Chittenango, NY. Never heard of it? Not entirely surprising. We have some farms there – 2 dairy farms, a turf farm, a sheep farm, and a wind farm (Alan Dietch, circa 2003: "Wait, so you… grow… wind…?"). When it came to diversity in the 'Nango, I was usually it. Being Half Jewish* and all, I really stood out.

*Half Jewish; aka "Cashew", "Pizza Bagel"

So anyways, when I was hired as a Page here at NBC, you can imagine my surprise upon meeting my Page Class. There was an Asian, a White Dude, a Persian Chick, a Black Girl, and a guy from Oregon.



Look at us, we are like a little Benetton Family! Or, perhaps, the Jolie-Pitt family! My page class is like a beautiful rainbow of smiling faces, that is so so beautiful.

Also, we are very drunk in this picture.

Thank you, L.A.!

2 comments:

Lou said...

Your NBC rainbow f-a-a-a-r outshines my PKA rain cloud. Here in northern VT, we're kinda short on diversity. Let's see...the guy I replaced was Asian, and our part-time receptionist is from Poland...but pretty much, you could arrange a group of snowmen and snowwomen for our company photo.

Aaron J said...

Sad, you left me and Matt out of the pic!

And apparently I'm not white, I'm a "guy from Oregon"...haha!